Nominations now open for The Chamber’s Athena / Citizen of the Years
Some awards are presented in recognition of a singular act or to commemorate the achievement of a specific goal. The Chamber’s prestigious CITIZEN OF THE YEARS Award honors those individuals whose commitment to, and impact upon, the Lawrence community spans a lifetime.
- Current or past membership with The Chamber, Lawrence, Kansas
- Demonstrated commitment to Lawrence through:
- Active engagement in community issues
- Desire to effect positive and lasting change
- Leadership in advancing the reputation of Lawrence throughout Kansas
A selection committee consisting of two previous award winners, two former and two current members of the Chamber’s Board of Directors and the Chamber President & CEO will review all nominations and select the 2022 Citizen of the Years recipient. The award recipient will be recognized on Friday, Jan. 28, 2022, during the Chamber’s Annual Meeting at Abe & Jake’s Landing. The award recipient and a guest will attend the event as honored guests of the Chamber.
The ATHENA Award Program celebrates the potential of all women as valued members and leaders of the community and recognizes those who support them.
The ATHENA Award, proudly presented by Crown Automotive, honors individuals who strive toward the highest levels of professional accomplishment…women and men, who excel in their chosen field, have devoted time and energy to their community in a meaningful way, and who also open paths so that others may follow.
ATHENA recipients must meet each of three specific criteria:
- Have achieved the highest level of professional excellence
- Contribute time and energy to improve the quality of life for others in the community
- Actively assist others, particularly women, in reaching their full leadership potential